February 2004 Archive
Home of the Wysz
- I thought that it would be weird if my roommate called me "Roomie", but then I started wondering what I would do if my suitemates called me "Sweetie."
eightman1984 (10:55:26 PM): I'm under attack from the Barbary Pirates.
Skier Wysz (10:55:42 PM): ok stay calm
Skier Wysz (10:55:55 PM): are you armed?
eightman1984 (10:56:05 PM): yes, I have a cutlass and a blunderbuss
eightman1984 (10:56:31 PM): I hope president jefferson's mosquito gun boat fleet can provide some protection
- I hope whoever grades my astronomy midterm either believes the Apollo 11 Moon landing was on July 27th, or thinks my 7 looks like a 0.
- Today I got to see a sneak preview of a preview, and because of this, I missed my train. The preview was for "The Notebook," which I probably won't see.
- csvroomfondel (2:09:01 AM): well, dweller of the night, i have stayed in your domain for too long
- Congratulations to Sarah Griffith for dropping the f-bomb on the radio. No, not some fake Internet station, actual FM radio.
eightman1984 (11:02:00 PM): so I'm looking for governement jobs, and there are a ton of them
Skier Wysz (11:02:23 PM): yeah, i pay your salary
Skier Wysz (11:02:28 PM): well, i will
eightman1984 (11:02:33 PM): yeah
Skier Wysz (11:02:46 PM): assuming:
a) you get a government job
b) i continue to pay taxes
eightman1984 (11:04:33 PM): perhaps I should compose my resume
Skier Wysz (11:04:59 PM): be sure to include that a/v camp job
eightman1984 (11:05:04 PM): yeah
eightman1984 (11:05:10 PM): thanks for the pointer
eightman1984 (11:05:27 PM): I've been a camp counselor for 6 years
Skier Wysz (11:05:41 PM): wow, and you're still relatively sane
eightman1984 (11:06:17 PM): yeah, because I insitute rule of the jungle, the kids police themselves, pretty much I just make sure they get from point a to point b
Skier Wysz (11:06:27 PM): oh, while putting the counselor jobs on your resume is good, i would avoid any mention of your espionage work for rogue nations
eightman1984 (11:06:56 PM): and the summer I spent fighting fascists in the jungles of bolivia
Skier Wysz (11:07:27 PM): yeah, at least don't play it up like it was a big deal
eightman1984 (11:07:48 PM): yeah, cause it really wasn't, I was just carrying out the peaceful communist world revolution
eightman1984 (11:09:10 PM): I hope you aren't updating your website with the thing about fighting fascists, because that didn't really happen
eightman1984 (11:10:07 PM): I wonder if the government would approve of me making all the S's on my application $ signs
- Today, February 18th, that's 18 days into the iTunes Pepsi promotion, both Boing Boing and Slashdot linked to some page where someone points out that you can see if a cap is a winner or loser by simply tilting the bottle and looking at the bottom of the cap. I pointed this out LAST MONTH, before the promotion even began! I didn't submit this to Slashdot at the time, because I assumed it was obvious and uninteresting. Guess not. I could have been Slashdotted!
- Blake seems to be genuinely upset that I use blue and yellow on my index page. They're just colors, but he associates them with Penn Charter. For some reason this is a horrible thing, because our high school plays their high school in football, and nothing is more important than football.
- Stowington (2:36:41 AM): it's not quite Hopkins blue.
Stowington (2:37:26 AM): although yellow and blue were the colors of my elementary school, so I'm down with it in general
Skier Wysz (2:38:53 AM): i dont want it to be hopkins blue
Stowington (2:39:05 AM): didn't think so
Stowington (2:39:32 AM): that's why I left the criticism at "comment" level
Stowington (2:39:42 AM): it didn't escalate to "confrontational"
- It's 12:20 AM on Wednesday in Baltimore, and I'm talking to my cousin in Australia, where it's 4:15 in the afternoon on Wednesday. That's crazy. It's like talking to someone from the future.
eightman1984 (11:10:30 PM): this is a stimulating and provocative converstation
Skier Wysz (11:11:00 PM): haha, i'm just desperately trying to avoid my work, i really have nothing to say
eightman1984 (11:11:09 PM): yeah
eightman1984 (11:11:29 PM): so lets just sit here for the next 15 minutes typing "........."
eightman1984 (11:12:34 PM): ......
Skier Wysz (11:12:50 PM): .....
Skier Wysz (11:12:58 PM): *......
eightman1984 (11:12:59 PM): ....
eightman1984 (11:13:02 PM): lol
eightman1984 (11:13:08 PM): I mean ......
Skier Wysz (11:13:26 PM): ok i think we've exhausted the .... joke
eightman1984 (11:13:43 PM): yeah me too, that was a lot quicker that I thought it would be
Skier Wysz (11:14:46 PM): well you see our generation grew up with mtv. we don't have very long attention spans. the odd thing is, i don't believe either of us ever really watched mtv
- eightman1984 (11:03:46 PM): I was also dissapointed by the lack of flash animation
Skier Wysz (11:04:10 PM): hmm, you know i do have a copy of flash now...
- Speier70 (10:27:47 PM): I was a sign there once
Skier Wysz (10:28:00 PM): ok ted
Skier Wysz (10:28:10 PM): nice typing
- Initial reaction to my new index page:
"I'm not a fan of your new look." (Bill)
"It seems to be a melange of different design philosophies." (Tony)
"Get a new color scheme. I do like the fact that the "thoughts" is at the top of the page now." (Blake)
"I like it, and so do Harry and Potter [the cats]." (Julie)
"It borders on blinding." (John)
"The new color scheme makes your page hard to ignore." (Chris)
- The importance of water seems to be a hot topic again, so let me add one more thing to the list of benefits: If you're thirsty, but have already done your pre-bed toothbrushing, you can drink water without having to do a second cleaning.
Speier70 (12:06:31 AM): run-on sentence in your Pres. Day theory description
Skier Wysz (12:06:46 AM): yeah i know
Skier Wysz (12:06:50 AM): fix it
Speier70 (12:07:09 AM): how
Skier Wysz (12:07:13 AM): never mind
Skier Wysz (12:07:20 AM): it will go far down on the page soon enough
Speier70 (12:08:17 AM): but it will remain in your archives forever
Speier70 (12:11:56 AM): when civilizations piece together our existence from the shattered shards of our destroyed society, they will check your archives for a depiction of the awesomeness of our 21st century. Having seen your error, they will pass off the rest of your page as ramblings of an idiot. You, therefore, will not receive the reverence you deserve
Skier Wysz (12:12:58 AM): eh, whatever, i'm too tired to think
Speier70 (12:13:10 AM): I know what you mean
- Reneelet (10:45:23 PM): you need to stop being by yourself
Reneelet (10:45:28 PM): quite frankly, it bothers me
eightman1984 (8:24:44 PM): yeah, I knew you would update your website
Skier Wysz (8:25:00 PM): yeah, whenever there is a pause in the conversation i know you know what i'm doing
eightman1984 (8:25:08 PM): haha yeah pretty much
- John, on how to defend myself:
eightman1984 (8:19:55 PM): you should buy a firearm, and be trained in its usage
Skier Wysz (8:20:00 PM): yes i should
eightman1984 (8:20:16 PM): or get an attack dog
Skier Wysz (8:20:23 PM): haha
eightman1984 (8:20:49 PM): or maybe an attack dog trained to use a firearm (hmmm thats a idea I should perhaps pursue further...)
Skier Wysz (8:21:13 PM): lol
eightman1984 (8:21:19 PM): don't steal my idea
- Blake's not buying my theory that we don't have President's Day off because colleges want an active campus for the President's Day tours since high schools are off for the long weekend, which means lots of college visits.
shkenblke2 (6:45:27 PM): erin got mail 2day
Skier Wysz (6:45:41 PM): not USPS mail
shkenblke2 (6:46:03 PM): well, people did get mail 2day here
Skier Wysz (6:46:55 PM): must have been mail that was already on campus
Skier Wysz (6:47:04 PM): today is a national holiday. no federal mail.
Skier Wysz (6:47:13 PM): i doubt they would make an exception in ada, ohio
shkenblke2 (6:47:27 PM): hey, ada has a lot of xceptions
eightman1984 (4:17:09 PM): I would appreciate a large number of updates with my quotes, let the kids know despite the new screename, its the same old John
Skier Wysz (4:17:33 PM): so when you say something quotable, do you just frantically reload my page to see if you made it?
eightman1984 (4:17:51 PM): hahahaha no (yes.)
Skier Wysz (4:12:26 PM): are you angered by the fact you had school today?
eightman1984 (4:12:37 PM): oh oh let me tell you about this for a second...
Skier Wysz (4:12:43 PM): uh oh
eightman1984 (4:14:03 PM): well, apparently some professors were pretty pissed about having school today, so they went to lodge complaints with the school administrative offices, when they went to the offices, they found they were closed. because its a national holiday
Skier Wysz (4:14:17 PM): lol
Skier Wysz (4:14:22 PM): that's awesome
eightman1984 (4:14:23 PM): isn't that hilarious?
Skier Wysz (4:14:50 PM): well, it's at least worthy of an appearance on my prestigious "thoughts" page
eightman1984 (4:14:55 PM): of course
- I just realized that Polish (Hi, I'm from Poland. I'm Polish!) and polish (Polish those shoes, son!) have identical spellings.
- Next semester, when my professors ask how to pronounce my last name, I want to tell them either "Smith" or "Smitty." I'm trying to figure out which is funnier.
- Every time I use Bill's PC I find another thing I don't like about it. I wanted to use some quotes from a Strong Bad email while commenting on Blake's blog. First, I couldn't even get to the email at first because the zero key on his number pad wasn't working. Bill said something about NUM-LOCK, but I don't think you should have to worry about that just to type a number on something known as the NUMBER PAD. Anyway, I used the other zero key at the top of the keyboard and went to the email and tried to save it, so I could open it in QuickTime and pause it on the part I needed. Well, IE on Windows wasn't letting me save the swf file. I then tried to type the quote as John dictated from his PowerBook (which I am going to steal), but I couldn't figure out how to put in single line breaks. Every time I pressed enter, the insertion point went down 2 lines, and I couldn't get it to go down just one. When Bill couldn't figure it out, I gave up and used John's PowerBook.
- In my continuing pursuit of a Slashdot mention, I wrote in to alert them that iTunes prepaid cards, which can be purchased at Target, can now be redeemed at the iTunes Music Store. So far they haven't posted the story, but I did have a small victory when I posted (as an Anonymous Coward) a comment on a different story and it was received well. (Score: 5, Funny) I guess I should sign up for a Slashdot account at some point so I can get credit for my commentary.
- Skier Wysz (7:09:22 PM): well you go with john and pretend i'm there
Speier70 (7:09:35 PM): its not the same
Speier70 (7:09:48 PM): the silence is not as uncomfortable
- ironviking 60 (2:50:58 PM): ok, I have a suggestion, lets not talk about germans anymore, because one of us is going to say something offensive
- I didn't feel like working today, so I took a trip to the International settings in OS X and switched my computer to German.
- If you can't make the Phillie hockey game, here's an alternative event.
- I'm gonna go ahead and take credit for giving MacRumors the Virginia Tech story. They don't post who sent in the info, but the way the post reads, I think they got the news from me.
- Ugh, once again Wysz is denied a Slashdot mention. I sent in the story about VT selling their PowerMac G5's at around 2 AM this morning, and at 7:00, they finally posted the story, but credited someone else. I don't know if this other person beat me to it, but I'm still disappointed. Oh well, I'm still on a mission to get on that site someday.
- In tonight's game, Dawid Prwszyezvezbzyszezwski (Ted's roommate) got fouled while going for a 3-pointer. The guy fell into Dawid, sending both of them into the cheerleaders. Tony Trumbo, my Nashville correspondent, witnessed the incident and reported that because of Dawid's height, "he literally fell across the laps of 5 girls." I was listening to the game on the Internet, and the announcers indicated that Dawid thoroughly enjoyed the foul and was all smiles as he reentered the court. In my post-game AIM interview, I had to tell Dawid that he is supposed to hang out with the cheerleaders after the game, not during, but I was nonetheless amazed by his skill in simultaneously acting dual roles as a player and a playa. He liked the quote, and even put me in his away message (twice), which of course I was honored to appear in. Overall it was a great game; it was nice to relax for a change and not be worried up to the last second of play. The Commodores were never behind in the entire game. Ted got 9 minutes, and from what I could tell by listening, he did very well passing the ball around (the announcers were very impressed), and... he had no fouls! Well, that concludes what I think is my first sports commentary. I'm awesome.
- I found this on the JHU Events page for February 11, 2004. Phillie? The kids at home wouldn't be happy about that.
Skier Wysz (8:53:01 PM): ted is winning
Speier70 (8:53:53 PM): he'll find a way to fix that
Skier Wysz (8:54:03 PM): don't be mean
Skier Wysz (8:54:08 PM): ted is awesome.
Skier Wysz (8:54:45 PM): i'm awesome
ironviking 60 (5:14:05 PM): well, my tuition just increased 2000 dollars
Skier Wysz (5:14:14 PM): haha that sucks
ironviking 60 (5:14:18 PM): yeah
ironviking 60 (5:14:35 PM): and as of today, the penguin butlers they promised us haven't arrived
Skier Wysz (5:15:17 PM): life is just one big disappoinment
ironviking 60 (5:15:53 PM): ugh, honestly this is awful, now I doubt I'll be able to go to honduras on my insane archaeology expedition
My away message: word is there's an instant messenger virus going around. i'm feeling kinda left out, so if anyone has it, feel free to send it my way. thanks.
Pez Man40 (4:59:14 PM): HAHAHA
Pez Man40 (4:59:26 PM): I LOVE YOU, YOU MAC LOVER YOU
Well, if I'm going to be loved by a guy, I guess one can't do any better than Ted.
Speier70 (1:36:48 PM): I just had the instant messager virus sent to me
Speier70 (1:36:56 PM): I no longer feel left out
Skier Wysz (1:37:08 PM): i didn't get it
Skier Wysz (1:37:13 PM): i feel left out
Skier Wysz (1:37:18 PM): send it to me
Speier70 (1:37:29 PM): just closed the window
Speier70 (1:37:31 PM): sorry
Skier Wysz (12:50:25 PM): we're gonna have to figure out a way to top this
anthonut (12:55:23 PM): Yeah they were the big hit at the Kentucky Game. I think we need to wait until Ted gets his first start to unveil something. Maybe a huge Foghorn that makes a deep bellowing "SSSkuuuuuuuuucccchhhh!" type sound everytime he touches the ball.
Skier Wysz (12:56:13 PM): that sounds like a good plan. for ted it would only be appropriate to use something loud and annoying
My away message: working
ironviking 60 (12:43:36 PM): working? haha, must be something thats due in 15 minutes
Skier Wysz (12:43:51 PM): no it's due @ 2
ironviking 60 (12:44:04 PM): I didn't tell you to stop! Back to work!
ironviking 60 (12:44:13 PM): [something bad]
Skier Wysz (12:44:27 PM): you were so close to not being offensive
ironviking 60 (12:44:45 PM): yeah, but I needed to break that out, I know it brought a smile to your face
Skier Wysz (12:44:55 PM): yes it did
- 3 days in a row going to breakfast, 3 days in a row of no orange juice.
Skier Wysz (11:27:54 PM): i almost forgot, conan is in canada tonight
ironviking 60 (11:28:36 PM): thanks, I forgot about that, because you reminded me last night, which was so long ago
Skier Wysz (11:29:00 PM): haha sorry, with my sleeping schedule it's hard for me to remember things in "days"
Skier Wysz (11:29:43 PM): like i will go to class, and say something like "when we discussed it this morning..." and the instructor will say "you mean yesterday?"
- With the installation of the Logitech Control Center, I'm now all set with front/back and I'm using Expose like never before. Now time for a nap.
I love plug-and-play. I just got my Logitech MX 500 mouse. The installation (while computer is on):
1. Unplug current mouse (Apple Pro Mouse).
2. Remove weirdo PC adaptor from USB connector of MX 500.
3. Plug Mx 500 into USB port on keyboard.
Note that there would be "no step 3" if it there were no PC's. Left/right click and the scroll wheel worked immediately. A quick trip to System Preferences assigned a few of the extra buttons to Expose. All I need to do now is figure out how to get the back/forward buttons to work with Safari. Maybe I should take a look at the CD, or at least the manual.
Speier70 (3:40:45 PM): do you know everything there is to know about space now?
Skier Wysz (3:40:59 PM): i got to touch a space rock
Speier70 (3:41:24 PM): are you sure it wasn't just a regular rock?
Skier Wysz (3:42:39 PM): the professor told me it was lead, but i thought that it was an alien egg, and i waited for it to hatch as i held it. it didn't hatch immediately, so i told him i would take it back to my room for observation, but he started yelling "hey, come back here with my space rock!"
Skier Wysz (3:43:20 PM): and i said "don't!"
Skier Wysz (3:43:28 PM): and he said "don't what?"
Speier70 (3:43:30 PM): did it hatch yet?
Skier Wysz (3:43:47 PM): i dont know, he took it back to his evil lab
Skier Wysz (3:43:55 PM): well, i am assuming it is evil
- I can't believe this. Early this morning (and I mean early) I learned that the original Star Wars trilogy is going to be released on DVD in September. I wondered why none of my geeky RSS feeds hadn't told me about this. Then, at 9:47 AM, Slashdot posts an entry about the news, and they were informed by a reader. That reader COULD HAVE BEEN ME! Why didn't I send it in when I first heard the news? I assumed that Slashdot already knew, that's why. Being on AtAT and Dave Barry's Blog was cool, but my name could have made an appearance on THE /.!
- Speier70 (8:34:58 AM): why are you up so early?
Skier Wysz (8:35:15 AM): im not
Speier70 (8:35:23 AM): I know
Skier Wysz (8:35:24 AM): you see you woke me up at 5:30
Skier Wysz (8:35:41 AM): so basically it is just like a normal person being awake at 8:35 PM
- Another day, another breakfast without orange juice. I guess I'll try the lemonade instead. Nope, it's water. I settle for coffee. Only one type of donut?! No bacon? No pancakes? French toast will suffice. Oh, look, they brought out some more donuts. Gotta go.
- KlCKMyDawg (1:15:33 AM): aww man, u almost made it through a normal convo
- ironviking 60 (12:02:26 AM): SUV's are awesome because they demonstrate man's clear dominance over nature
- While not quite as cool as getting the first vote, today I got the third vote on AtAT's VEVO poll. I did, however, get the first vote for Pyroil DOT 3 brake fluid.
- It is unbelievable the number of times I've gone to breakfast here to find that there is no orange juice. If that machine keeps breaking, why not just switch orange with one of the less important products, like "Blue Mountain Cooler"? I want to go home.
Skier Wysz (12:25:29 AM): i had a problem with northwestern, they kept telling me that they didn't have my sat scores, so like i kept ordering new score reports to be sent to them, which cost like a billion dollars, and i would forward my order confirmations to northwestern, and i was forwarding all of the northwestern stuff to ets, and in each email i would just blame that institution, it was so ridiculous. finally eastlake determined it was northwestern's fault, so he calls up the admissions guy he knows and tells him that this is the most ridiculous thing ever. well, northwestern was the only college to reject me
ironviking 60 (12:25:53 AM): oh wow, I actually had a very very similar experience
Skier Wysz (12:26:28 AM): apparently its even worse this year. it got so bad that my sister is getting letters saying "we don't have your stuff, but it's probably just sitting around the office somewhere"
ironviking 60 (12:30:05 AM): I sent AP records to the admissions office here, when I applied, therefore I would recieve credit for a number of classes. Well, when I arrived on the first day of school, they had none of my AP credits, and I basically was out about 14 credits worth of work. I called up ETS, and had them send a copy, which cost me something like 60 dollars, I mean really is it necessary for a slip of paper to cost 60 dollars? anyway, they sent it, and there was some sort of absurd confusion here, and I still didn't recieve credit. so finally, I met with my advisor, who was like "You are probably going to need to go to the registars office, to fix all this." so I went to the registrars office, which is in the dungeon-like basement in the bottom of one of the oldest buildings here, and I go in with copies of my AP scores
ironviking 60 (12:31:47 AM): and I talk to this woman, who (without looking at my AP scores at all) says something like "Oh, yeah, your problem is just a computer glitch. Let me make the change." all of this took about 10 seconds. and I was just standing there speechless after weeks of trying to figure out what was wrong, and having spent 60 dollars
ironviking 60 (12:11:42 AM): does your sister know where she is going to school yet?
Skier Wysz (12:11:57 AM): no
ironviking 60 (12:12:21 AM): I only mention it because I saw her name in the patriot which I recieved today
Skier Wysz (12:12:31 AM): uh oh what did she do
ironviking 60 (12:12:49 AM): I dunno, some sort of outstanding achievement award in the field of excellence
Skier Wysz (12:13:02 AM): ah
ironviking 60 (12:13:09 AM): it was some sort of AP thing I believe
Skier Wysz (12:13:15 AM): following in my footsteps i see
ironviking 60 (12:13:32 AM): yeah, your mediocre lack luster footsteps
Skier Wysz (12:13:45 AM): haha yeah i never took an ap in my life
ironviking 60 (12:14:05 AM): um, and how did you get into johns hopkins?
Skier Wysz (12:14:26 AM): nobody knows
ironviking 60 (12:14:33 AM): yeah.
Skier Wysz (12:14:33 AM): i think it was a computer glitch
ironviking 60 (12:14:44 AM): sometimes, I honestly do too
ironviking 60 (12:15:17 AM): perhaps your application was accidentally stapled to someone elses
Skier Wysz (12:15:35 AM): probably
Skier Wysz (12:15:52 AM): did you ever hear about my essay
ironviking 60 (12:15:56 AM): wait, you really never took an AP, that wasn't a joke?
Skier Wysz (12:16:05 AM): it wasnt a joke
Skier Wysz (12:17:27 AM): but anyway, i sent in my application on like the last day possible as you would expect, and then a few weeks later in like january or february, i got an email from them saying that i never finished the 2nd part of the application, which included a second essay
ironviking 60 (12:17:39 AM): uhuh
Skier Wysz (12:17:58 AM): so when i got the email at school, i was like "ok michael, you better write that essay tonight and mail it tomorrow"
Skier Wysz (12:18:05 AM): and the next day i said the same thing
ironviking 60 (12:18:09 AM): which I'm assuming you didn't do
Skier Wysz (12:18:12 AM): 3 days later i wrote the essay
Skier Wysz (12:18:26 AM): and then mailed it
- ironviking 60 (12:10:02 AM): its the weekend, why aren't you home?
- If I were home, I could just check TiVo... but did Don Pardo just say "Chris Kattan" before correcting himself and saying "Chris Parnell"?
- After Ted lost to Matt:
Speier70 (10:14:19 PM): maybe we should tell him that he isn't supposed to lose
- I was using Bill's computer (a Windows PC) tonight when I heard a movie trailer. When I asked what was going on, Bill informed me that it was an AIM ad with audio. Wow, I'm glad I have a Mac. How can you PC users stand this stuff?
- Somebody just called me at 4 AM by mistake. Imagine how inconvenient that would be if I were a normal person.
- Skier Wysz (11:26:17 PM): did you know blake has a blog type thing now
Pez Man40 (11:27:09 PM): yea i saw
Pez Man40 (11:27:15 PM): he wants to be you
Skier Wysz (11:27:20 PM): haha
Skier Wysz (11:27:29 PM): that is sad
Pez Man40 (11:27:52 PM): i know
- My latest dorm room activity is burning Pop Tarts in the microwave, and I'm getting pretty good at it. The reason I burn them is that in a microwave, the edges don't toast like in a toaster oven. I don't have access to any toasting appliances here, so I had to work on a microwave-based technique. Simply zapping the Tart for an extended period of time will burn it, but one runs the risk of having the filling expand to the point where it cracks the protective layer of frosting and oozes out. To get around this, I watch the Tart as it cooks, and turn off the microwave every time it's about to burst. I let the frosting settle, and then cook some more, repeating this process until the microwave becomes clouded with smoke. Where there is smoke, there is burnination, so the Tart is ready. However, I must be careful not to be too hasty. First of all, releasing all of the smoke at once could set off the smoke detector, which would not be good considering I do most of my cooking between the hours of 2 and 5 AM. I open the door, remove the HOT Tart, and close the door again before too much smoke is released. At this point, I must handle a smoking Tart in one hand (this part is really cool, as it shoots out through on opening in the frosting, and pushing the frosting makes it go out faster) and with the other hand, open and close the microwave to let the smoke out in small doses. When the Tart stops smoking, it's time to eat. The pastry is toasted, and some of the filling is carmelized. And as a bonus, the room smells like something burning!
- Why it pays to stay awake until 6:21 AM while constantly reloading AtAT: You get the first vote!
- Stowington (12:58:00 AM): there are some strange people out there in internet-land
Skier Wysz (12:58:07 AM): yes
Skier Wysz (12:58:15 AM): my website is awesome
Skier Wysz (12:58:17 AM): i'm awesome
Stowington (12:59:07 AM): the cautious traveler would be wise to remain in the confines of such places as the Home of the Wysz and StrongBadia
- Wardrobe malfunction.
- Pez Man40 (3:27:39 AM): and then i showed moe garage bond
Skier Wysz (3:27:53 AM): is it anything like garage band?
Pez Man40 (3:28:41 AM): the same thing with out the grammatical errors
Skier Wysz (3:29:16 AM): i was making fun of the spelling error
Pez Man40 (3:29:31 AM): spelling error is a grammatical error
No, it's not.
Skier Wysz (1:05:35 AM): good. better than my policy of "post every IM i receive"
- ironviking 60 (11:15:00 PM): I can't figure out why you bought a keyboard
- My astronomy professor scored extra points in the first lecture for making fun of PC users, and in today's lecture I gave him a few more when he mentioned The Late Show's "Will it Float?" segment when discussing density.
- Today I found that I had improperly screwed the cap on my Pepsi bottle, and the pressure inside only made it harder to open. Even my Leatherman's pliers were unable to secure a sufficient grip on the plastic. Desperate for cola, and even more desperate for the iTunes code, I punctured the bottle with my knife and made a small incision in the plastic, releasing the inside pressure and allowing me to safely remove the winning cap.
- I accepted an video chat invitation from Mom and iTunes automatically paused. When Dad ended the chat, the music resumed. Nifty.
- Mail on this campus is pathetic. I received in my mailbox today (February 3rd) an invitation to rush event on February 2nd (yesterday). The envelope was postmarked January 28th. This is a lot better than the 10-14 days I am used to, but this piece of mail came from 3 blocks away.
- I finally got my Keystation 49e keyboard today, but the packaging was a bit interesting. The keyboard box was shipped inside of another box that was twice its size. Besides the packing list and keyboard, the only other item in the larger box was a car safety pamphlet written in Spanish. This reminds me of the time I ordered an item from the Industrial Saftey Catalog, and along with my order I received a religious pamphlet endorsed by the head of U.S. Plastics. Moments like this tell me that I need to bring back the blog, so here's the deal: The blog returns upon my receipt of an iPod.
- I just double-clicked an icon in the Dock. I must need sleep.
- Watching the Super Bowl in HDTV was pretty cool. Everything was HD, including the pre and post game stuff. Even some commercials were in HD. Most of them were movie trailers, but I saw at least one non-movie commercial in HD.
Home of the Wysz
January 2004 |
December 2003 |
The Blog Era |
September 2003 |
June, July, and August 2003 |
May 2003 |
April 2003 |
Wysz's Blog (Includes links to Wysz's other pages)