January 2004 Archive
Home of the Wysz
- Was I first? Was I first? I entered my free song code into my iTunes at 11:47 PM EST on 1-31-2004. Check it out.
- Today the fam and I gathered around the TV and watched Ted win his game against Kentucky. It was an awesome game. He called me shortly after the victory and it was obvious that he was pleased with the game. Good job, Ted. Now we have to see how Meghan does in her meet.
- Lizzard184 (2:46:29 AM): YER PAGE NEEDS MORE LIZISMS
- When I was in Kindergarten or 1st Grade, we had this thing at school around Christmas where you could buy presents for your family. I bought my grandfather an ice scraper for his car. He lives in South Carolina.
Skier Wysz (1:28:20 AM): no i'm just tired
Lizzard184 (1:28:31 AM): TIRED?!?
Lizzard184 (1:29:10 AM): you mean the Great and Powerful Wysz is capable of human reactions to sleep deprivation?!
Lizzard184 (1:29:17 AM): I am astonished
Skier Wysz (1:29:53 AM): haha
Skier Wysz (1:30:00 AM): i've had a long few days of class
Lizzard184 (1:30:50 AM): CLASS!???????
Lizzard184 (1:31:00 AM): Yer going to CLASS now?!?!
Lizzard184 (1:31:57 AM): I thought yer Christmas break lasted until summer or something
- I know I make fun of Blake a lot, so I guess I should tell people out there who don't know me personally that he is actually one of my friends. Now that that's out of the way, I have some scary news to report. This idiot is now a pre-med. If "Dr. Blake" doesn't sound scary, I don't know what does.
- After explaining why I will often talk online with an away message up:
Skier Wysz (11:45:16 PM): did you know that on a pc you can't do that
ironviking 60 (11:45:21 PM): yup
Skier Wysz (11:45:30 PM): isn't that crazy
Skier Wysz (11:46:08 PM): well blake has some program that lets you talk with an away message up, but it sends the auto-response every 5 IMs or so, which makes a conversation with blake 20 times more annoying
- The other day, I tuned into MSNBC (as I do every morning), and there was my uncle ringing The Opening Bell on the New York Stock Exchange. He's pretty good at waving.
- I think this is my first food-related bitter complaint of the semester. I assumed that since Megabytes was open until midnight last semester, it would be open until midnight this semester. I was wrong, and I am hungry. At least I'm going home tomorrow.
- I really have to start getting to know the people around me. Today one of the voices in my head asked me, "Who are you?"
- Skier Wysz (11:04:21 PM): we have to get better friends... both ted and meghan lost their meets/games today
Skier Wysz (11:05:33 PM): i dont know if that's mean but sometimes you just have to let go
Skier Wysz (11:05:42 PM): they were fine for a few years
Skier Wysz (11:05:51 PM): but they're just not performing that well now
l3eachl3unnie (11:05:54 PM): now michael they play on teams. you cant expect them to make the whole team do better
I suppose she has a point.
- I just screened the Pepsi/iTunes Super Bowl commercial (only 4 days early) and I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the speaker. You'd think that out of those 20 people in the commercial they could find someone who can enunciate. Even if they were stuck with that girl, (did they pay her with candy?) I'm guessing that between Apple and Pepsi they would be able to afford more than one take and attempt to make her look at least somewhat intelligent. And what's the deal with having her head tilted 45 degrees? Also, the version I saw didn't have an announcer. Didn't USA Today report that the announcer says "Announcing the Pepsi iTunes Giveaway" (or something like that)? Oh well, I hope "the kids" respond well to it.
- Remember when I used to post really long conversations with Blake, where he ended up looking like an idiot? It went something like this:
shkenblke2 (4:43:07 PM): hey, r u gonna get the new mini iPod or wh@ever it is?
Skier Wysz (4:43:13 PM): no
Skier Wysz (4:43:20 PM): i'm getting a full size
shkenblke2 (4:43:27 PM): ic
Skier Wysz (4:43:27 PM): cause i will use my pod as a firewire drive
Skier Wysz (4:43:30 PM): not just a music player
shkenblke2 (4:43:33 PM): cool cool
Skier Wysz (4:43:48 PM): i will use it for backups and to transfer stuff from home to school
shkenblke2 (4:43:52 PM): nice
Skier Wysz (4:43:58 PM): so like i can have all my my stuff with me all the time
shkenblke2 (4:44:02 PM): so r u gonna get the 40 gig then?
Skier Wysz (4:44:12 PM): no im waiting for the next revision
shkenblke2 (4:44:24 PM): well, i assume they will keep the same sizes
Skier Wysz (4:44:39 PM): every time they update they change the size
Skier Wysz (4:44:46 PM): the original ipod was 5 gig
shkenblke2 (4:45:08 PM): ok ok
Skier Wysz (4:45:26 PM): then they made it 3 models... 5, 10, and 20, and they have since updated those
shkenblke2 (4:45:35 PM): yes, i know
Skier Wysz (4:45:41 PM): like when ted got his the highest was 30
shkenblke2 (4:45:42 PM): 15, 20 and 40
Skier Wysz (4:45:47 PM): and now it is 40
Skier Wysz (4:45:53 PM): yep
Skier Wysz (4:47:07 PM): so, if you can see the pattern.... (size goes UP and doesn't stay the SAME), then your guess of "shkenblke2 (4:44:24 PM): well, i assume they will keep the same sizes" is incorrect, and my statement of "Skier Wysz (4:44:39 PM): every time they update they change the size" is correct.
shkenblke2 (4:47:25 PM): yeah yeah
It's just funnier to post the entire conversation so you can get the full context and see how painful it can be talking to him sometimes.
- Skier Wysz (4:18:43 PM): did i tell you about my itunes pepsi thing
ironviking 60 (4:18:55 PM): yes, twice
ironviking 60 (4:19:00 PM): 3 times now actually
Skier Wysz (4:19:07 PM): haha
Skier Wysz (4:19:09 PM): sorry
ironviking 60 (4:19:23 PM): yeah, real funny mr comedian
ironviking 60 (4:19:52 PM): when did this AIM conversation turn into wednesday afternoon at the comedy club?
- While I was entering the post below...
ironviking 60 (4:14:02 PM): I bet you are updating your website now huh?
- Skier Wysz (4:11:43 PM): so i was just on your website, and apparently your thoughts page is "updated regularly"
ironviking 60 (4:11:53 PM): yeah, I just updated it
ironviking 60 (4:12:06 PM): like two minutes ago actually
Skier Wysz (4:12:28 PM): what is new liar
ironviking 60 (4:12:41 PM): hahahaha, I made you reload didn't I?
- And now I remember that in 5th grade, my idea of "going online" was dialing into AOL 2.x with a Global Village Teleport/Bronze 2400 baud modem and watching the "Loading Artwork" progress bar. This was back in the day when you only got 5 free hours with a 3.5" floppy in the mail (actually useful, cause you could put a label over the lock box and use it as a blank disk) and before you could even go on the actual Web with AOL. You were limited to email and AOL-specific services like chat rooms, instant messages (before the days of AIM), discussion boards, and the AOL pseudo-webpage content areas. We finally went on the Internet on this modem when AOL came out with their own Web Browser (around AOL 2.7 I believe). Fortunately, we only had to deal with this limited version of the Web for a few weeks until we upgraded to a new computer with a 28.8 K modem and got TradeNet, when I started using Netscape 2.0 to browse. But now I've seen 56 K come and go, and have been enjoying high-speed cable access (no, seriously, it's fast... there is nobody else on the system where I live) for almost two years.
- I just remembered that back in fifth grade at GA, our homerooms were actually called "Support Groups." I'm not making this up. We were in therapy from day one.
- Skier Wysz (9:23:03 PM): any "feets too big" updates?
hwy2he11 (9:23:39 PM): well
hwy2he11 (9:24:00 PM): we are gonna be some evening or nighttime
Skier Wysz (9:24:44 PM): ah, well i'll be sure to tune in then
hwy2he11 (9:25:06 PM): k
Skier Wysz (9:25:08 PM): as i think i have some evening or nighttime free
hwy2he11 (9:26:05 PM): yea i know your schedule is busy with...not sleeping and not going to class
- Bill convinced me to go to Levering Market, the cafeteria that I haven't been to since my dad and I visited JHU a few years ago. Anyway, I found that they were selling the iTunes Pepsi bottles there already! (Today is January 27th.) I actually cheated and tilted the bottles to find a couple winners. The losers are easy to spot because you can clearly see the word "AGAIN" at the end of the "PLEASE PLAY AGAIN" message. I must have looked pretty stupid in the crowded cafeteria, but I got two free songs (at least I assume that I did; I haven't opened the second bottle yet) so I think I got the last laugh.
- Speier70 (9:29:41 PM): update your page!
- In case you were wondering about the names of the pictures in the entry below... the real names are Sniffles, Harry, and Potter, but I like to annoy my sister by using names that sort of sound like them, like Larry, Barry, Topper, Nickels, and Fred.
- I was hanging out with our Sniffles, Potter, and Harry tonight and took some pictures. Sniffles is a female rabbit (6 or 7 years old I think) and Harry and Potter are two feline brothers. (about 5 months old). Fortunately, they all get along, except for when Sniffles chases Harry (the white kitten) and he runs away. What a scaredy-cat. Sniffs and Topper . Tickles about to chase Larry
Pez Man40 (1:53:12 AM): i would out my at super great
Skier Wysz (1:53:43 AM): out?
Pez Man40 (1:54:10 AM): mine would say super great
Pez Man40 (1:54:20 AM): i have no clue what i was trying to say before
- Skier Wysz: dont feel like you have to talk to me if you want to go to bed
Pez Man40: i know
Pez Man40: but i haven't talked to you in a while
Pez Man40: i was having wysz withdrawl
- Have you ever been so lazy that you actually checked online to see if a package was delivered instead of going downstairs and checking the front door for yourself? I have.
Lizzard184 (1:52:41 PM): i miss yer blog
Lizzard184 (1:53:17 PM): this new "post-blog" thoughts page just isn't at the same quality level as the blog
Lizzard184 (1:53:32 PM): there's my two cents
Pez Man40 (9:14:50 PM): yea but don't it would happen
Skier Wysz (9:15:07 PM): ?
Skier Wysz (9:16:01 PM): Pez Man40 (9:14:50 PM): yea but don't it would happen
Pez Man40 (9:16:28 PM): doubt
Pez Man40 (9:16:31 PM): sorry
Pez Man40 (9:16:38 PM): or don't think
Skier Wysz (9:16:44 PM): ok
Pez Man40 (9:16:44 PM): pick your poison
Skier Wysz (11:04:58 PM): i just sent blake the rupert pic and... shkenblke2 (11:04:25 PM): whos the guy?
Pez Man40 (11:05:13 PM): haha
Pez Man40 (11:05:15 PM): not a fan
Skier Wysz (11:05:18 PM): he is a loser
Pez Man40 (11:05:28 PM): miss informed
Skier Wysz (11:05:38 PM): nice typing
Pez Man40 (11:05:49 PM): thank you
Pez Man40 (11:05:56 PM): sarcastic loser
- I was in the mall a few weeks ago, and I remembered how much I don't like department stores. They make you enter the mall through one of these stores, and once inside, it is almost impossible to escape the retail labyrinth. I was looking for any way out of the store. I wasn't even worried about getting out of the mall; I would have been happy just to find the exit into the lobby so I could find the food court or at least a bench to rest on. I thought I had found an escape when I came to an escalator. However, it was going up, and I was at the top of it. It would make sense to put a "down" escalator right next to it, but it is silly to expect people who sell high heels and other uncomfortable devices to follow logic. As I searched for another moving staircase, I wondered what the inventor of the escalator was thinking. Before escalators, all staircases went both up and down, and jokes about "Which way does this staircase go?" were funny. The escalator is actually a step back in vertical transportation. Some psycho probably thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if I made a staircase that only went in one direction?" I'm sure his friends laughed at him, but he sure had the last laugh at the mall. I finally found an escalator going in the correct direction and I hopped on board, ready to escape the store. As I approached the end, I realized that I had not left the store at all. The store was multiple stories, and I had entered the dreaded cosmetics section. This is a very scary environment. It's almost impossible to breathe, as various chemicals are constantly being pumped into the air from vials with ridiculous French words written on them. Behind the counters are women dressed in black who look nothing like their natural selves. They wear an outrageous amount of makeup and do crazy things with their hair, so you could be buying perfume from a bear and you wouldn't even know it. Anyway, I finally found my sister and she led me out of the store into the lobby, where I waited for her to finish doing whatever it is women do in stores.
- Pez Man40 (2:36:22 AM): oh and i have decided on the all black sleeve and not the silvver scale one
Pez Man40 (2:36:28 AM): aqnd a black isleefe
Pez Man40 (2:36:31 AM): isleeve
Pez Man40 (2:36:43 AM): i think i will order it tomoorw
Pez Man40 (2:36:46 AM): torrow
Pez Man40 (2:36:49 AM): tomorrow
Pez Man40 (2:36:54 AM): it is getting way to later
Pez Man40 (2:36:56 AM): late
Pez Man40 (2:37:32 AM): i am horrible at typing
Skier Wysz (2:37:44 AM): i know
- Skier Wysz (2:33:37 AM): they are so crazy at night
Pez Man40 (2:34:20 AM): haha
Skier Wysz (2:34:28 AM): they are like me
Pez Man40 (2:34:28 AM): night animals like yourself
Skier Wysz (2:34:32 AM): haha
Pez Man40 (2:34:32 AM): haha
Skier Wysz (2:34:35 AM): ahh
Skier Wysz (2:34:42 AM): that was crazy
Pez Man40 (2:34:49 AM): great minds think alike
- Pez Man40 (2:01:52 AM): i have saw two things
- Tonight, Ted and I had a video chat lasting over THREE hours! Check out some of the highlights:
Techno Happy Hour "Gookie" Serious Conversation Roommate Rage Stressful Chat
- I made it to Veed's buddy list AND profile!
- shkenblke2 (12:02:58 AM): i havnt made ur post blog thoughts page yet
- MHSoccer264 (3:37:35 AM): I love your bland, static, lame web site
Skier Wysz (3:37:56 AM): umm thanks?
- So I finally rolled out of bed after my epic dream about printing digital photos became too boring.
- My grandfather, after seeing HDTV and my sister's digital camera: "Our radios ran on coal."
- This picture illustrates why I want all of my friends to get Macs, and why they don't want to. It's a screenshot of Ted and I playing with iChat from Nashville to Philly. I should have kept my window in the lower left corner where it was originally, but I took the screenshot when I was playing around with its size and position, and it ended up covering some of Ted's head. Sorry, Tall Guy. The still picture doesn't do a wonderful job of demonstrating how "insanely great" iChat is. Keep in mind that we were experiencing full-motion video, not the usual 1 frame per second webcams or 15 fps videophones that people are used to. It's a long distance phone call, with video... for FREE!
- When is Apple going to release the "Best of Steve" DVD? It will feature MacWorld Stevenotes, the iTunes Music Event, and more. I'd buy it.
Home of the Wysz
December 2003 |
The Blog Era |
September 2003 |
June, July, and August 2003 |
May 2003 |
April 2003 |
Wysz's Blog (Includes links to Wysz's other pages)