Thoughts...(mostly bitter complaints)
Home of the Wysz
Skier Wysz (3:56:15 AM): i think i'm going to turn off home of the wysz
Pez Man40 (3:56:21 AM): why
Skier Wysz (3:56:23 AM): shut it down
Skier Wysz (3:56:31 AM): go out on top
Pez Man40 (3:56:34 AM): haha
Pez Man40 (3:57:09 AM): that is one way of going out is on top
Skier Wysz (3:57:21 AM): exactly
Skier Wysz (3:58:00 AM): and what better way to end it than with a grammatically incorrect ted quotation
Pez Man40 (3:58:02 AM): i love reading people's away notes at this time a night and having them all say sleep or something to that extent
Skier Wysz (3:58:11 AM): haha yeah i know
Skier Wysz (3:58:14 AM): they're all crazy
Pez Man40 (3:58:17 AM): yea
Skier Wysz (3:58:21 AM): and weak
Pez Man40 (3:58:23 AM): not as wild and crazy as we are
Pez Man40 (3:58:32 AM): but we are string
Pez Man40 (3:58:36 AM): strong
Pez Man40 (3:58:42 AM): there is your quote
Pez Man40 (3:22:25 AM): we are so cool
Skier Wysz (3:23:26 AM): we are... hanging out in the system library, changing our system sounds, checking out the secret unused sounds... total coolness
Pez Man40 (3:26:54 AM): i know
Pez Man40 (3:26:58 AM): deff not geeks
- Home of the Wysz is officially huge. Visitors are now contacting other visitors, even without going through me. This is cool.
- ShkenBlke2 (1:00:13 AM): <--- idiot
ShkenBlke2 (1:00:44 AM): <--- super idiot
ShkenBlke2 (1:01:14 AM): i swear my mind is a vast library and i lose things in there
eightman1984 (11:28:22 PM): its become tiresome!
eightman1984 (11:29:05 PM): you need a new thing, like drugs, or maybe I dunno stamp collecting
- eightman1984 (11:26:02 PM): stop updating your website
anthonut (10:31:35 PM): I figure that since the thoughts page is gaining in activity after spring break, it is once again time to remind you that blogging software is much superior to your antiquated and, frankly, feature bereft static webpages. Just my unsolicited two cents.
Lizzard184 (10:30:23 PM): el page o'complaints?
Lizzard184 (10:30:30 PM): bitter diatribes
Lizzard184 (10:30:35 PM): you know
Lizzard184 (10:30:41 PM): it's more of a glorified quotebook
Lizzard184 (10:30:46 PM): than a thoughts... page
Lizzard184 (10:30:55 PM): unless you consider the quotes thoughts
Lizzard184 (10:30:59 PM): which i guess they are
Skier Wysz (10:27:57 PM): he wants to see my pretty face
Lizzard184 (10:28:02 PM): perhaps the whole alan-wysz thing was not well thought out
Lizzard184 (10:28:14 PM): then why doesn't HE download AIM whatever-point-five
Skier Wysz (10:28:23 PM): HE doesnt have to
Skier Wysz (10:28:25 PM): HE has a mac
Lizzard184 (10:28:28 PM): oh
Skier Wysz (10:28:30 PM): HE is all set to go
Lizzard184 (10:28:35 PM): so doesnt he already get to see it then?
Skier Wysz (10:28:45 PM): you and your good points
Lizzard184 (10:12:43 PM): not workin babe
Skier Wysz (10:12:50 PM): i'm sorry dear
Skier Wysz (10:12:53 PM): but it works for me
Lizzard184 (10:13:34 PM): look, sugar dumpling, it insists that Wyszomierski does not exist
Skier Wysz (10:13:41 PM): haha
Lizzard184 (10:13:46 PM): and the link you gave me, darling, is not working
Skier Wysz (10:13:54 PM): i will give you more proof hold on sweetie
Lizzard184 (10:14:03 PM): okay pumpkin
Skier Wysz (10:14:18 PM): pumpkin? we don't know each other THAT well
Skier Wysz (10:04:13 PM): i pretended to be friends with my roommate cause he has a funny name
Skier Wysz (10:04:23 PM): have i told you what it is
Lizzard184 (10:04:45 PM): probably
Lizzard184 (10:04:48 PM): but i dont remember
Skier Wysz (10:05:11 PM): Omar H. Butt
Lizzard184 (10:05:26 PM): that is NOT his name
Skier Wysz (10:05:30 PM): oh yes it is
Lizzard184 (10:05:33 PM): prove it
- Mbg1116 (9:17:28 PM): aha
Mbg1116 (9:17:30 PM): haha
Mbg1116 (9:17:34 PM): yeah
Mbg1116 (9:17:36 PM): haha
Mbg1116 (9:17:36 PM): haha
Skier Wysz (9:17:37 PM): haha
Mbg1116 (9:17:38 PM): ha
Mbg1116 (9:17:38 PM): haha
Mbg1116 (9:17:41 PM): ha
Skier Wysz (9:17:46 PM): are you okay?
Mbg1116 (9:18:21 PM): it wouldnt let me type
Mbg1116 (9:18:23 PM): it wouldnt let me type
Mbg1116 (9:18:25 PM): yes
Mbg1116 (9:18:27 PM): i am
Mbg1116 (9:18:27 PM): haha
Mbg1116 (9:18:29 PM): biut
Mbg1116 (9:18:31 PM): it just made me laugh
ShkenBlke2 (8:42:05 PM): if caroline is ur female replacement, then who is mine
ShkenBlke2 (8:42:18 PM): and is my female replacement 4 u or ted Erin?
Skier Wysz (8:42:38 PM): you are thinking about this too much
ShkenBlke2 (8:42:54 PM): no, i like 2 analyze things
ShkenBlke2 (8:42:58 PM): its in my nature
Skier Wysz (8:43:19 PM): then it's a wonder you're not in a perpetual state of confusion
ShkenBlke2 (8:35:51 PM): i feel kinda bad about th@ gender mix up
ShkenBlke2 (8:36:05 PM): i guess 4 sum reason i always just thought it was a girl
ShkenBlke2 (8:36:10 PM): i dont know these people
ShkenBlke2 (8:36:15 PM): i dont c there faces
ShkenBlke2 (8:36:40 PM): unless its a sn 4 a person th@ i actually know, i never pay attention 2 or remember names
Skier Wysz (8:36:55 PM): it is the wordofchris.net guy
ShkenBlke2 (8:37:05 PM): oops
ShkenBlke2 (8:37:24 PM): well, if this makes ur thoughts page, i apologize to the wordofchris.net guy
- ShkenBlke2 (8:03:23 PM): if csvroomfondel had red ur blog posts, she would hav known th@ all she had 2 say was "ted syndrome", and it would hav been beautiful
For those who have been paying attention, csvroomfondel is a guy.
csvroomfondel (7:30:07 PM): i love OS X
csvroomfondel (7:30:17 PM): especially since they put X11 in it
Skier Wysz (7:30:29 PM): nered
Skier Wysz (7:30:30 PM): red
Skier Wysz (7:30:32 PM): rend
Skier Wysz (7:30:33 PM): [censored]
Skier Wysz (7:30:35 PM): nerd
csvroomfondel (7:30:57 PM): i see that your friend's typing skills are rubbing off on you as well
- Lizzard184 (6:42:07 PM): I'm suffering from severe disappointment due to an acute lack of Lizisms on your Thoughts... page.
- Guess who's going to Nashville in April? The Tall Guy, The Trumbot, The Polish Guy, My Female Replacement... this is going to be awesome.
- Tonight in the cafeteria, from my seat at the head of the table, I stacked up a bunch of those flyers left on the tables and made a tower. Someone from the end of the table offered me another flyer, so I stood up, looked at him as if annoyed, and asked, "Why would I want that?" I then left the room.
- It's official, Sarah has been added to my list of visitors! I should also note that this is not my first semester with visitors. I had one visitor last year.
- My family was able to get Ted's entire game on DirecTV, and they TiVoed it, so I can see Ted in action next time I go home.
Mbg1116 (1:31:38 AM): i just push buttons
Mbg1116 (1:31:44 AM): and home p tha tpeople cna read i t
csvroomfondel (1:21:07 AM): designing these chip things is way too much work
Skier Wysz (1:21:33 AM): haha that's what you get for taking a non-film class!
csvroomfondel (1:21:54 AM): but if i get it, i feel more accomplished than i would in a film class
csvroomfondel (1:22:12 AM): and i get to play with super expensive software
Skier Wysz (1:22:23 AM): what's nice about being me is you dont need a sense of accomplishment to be happy
- ShkenBlke2 (1:20:14 AM): hey, wouldnt it be funny 2 put a post on my blog about u putting me in ur thoughts page, and then u posting sumthing on ur thoughts page about me putting sumthing on my blog?
ShkenBlke2 (1:20:26 AM): wait
ShkenBlke2 (1:20:33 AM): does wh@ i just said make ne sense
ShkenBlke2 (1:20:39 AM): cause it made perfect sense in my head
ShkenBlke2 (1:20:42 AM): i swear
Skier Wysz (1:20:44 AM): umm i think i will just post that
- Skier Wysz (1:07:16 AM): i have3
ShkenBlke2 (1:07:16 AM): yes
Skier Wysz (1:07:19 AM): yep
ShkenBlke2 (1:07:29 AM): u have 3 of wh?
Skier Wysz (1:07:45 AM): i hit 3 by accident
Skier Wysz (1:07:50 AM): i was saying yes i have
ShkenBlke2 (1:07:54 AM): ted syndrome
- Even the computer can pronounce "Skuchas" correctly.
- Ted played in a Sweet 16 game. Awesome. Next season could be even better.
- Why am I watching the Pitt game? This schedule clearly states that WJZ should be showing me Ted! If I had the blog running right now, this would be in a special super-bitter complaints category.
- Ted "Skugas"?
- Despite the numerous appearances, I bet HOTW is the only site to feature the special red-arrow edition of the famous picture.
Stowington (2:10:54 AM): haha it was the same picture on TV
Stowington (2:11:04 AM): as in the NYT
Stowington (2:11:10 AM): they made it black and white though
Skier Wysz (2:11:13 AM): so it wasnt video
Skier Wysz (2:11:14 AM): ah
Skier Wysz (2:11:16 AM): why
Skier Wysz (2:11:28 AM): what was the context? please explain for my readers:
Stowington (2:13:02 AM): some coach made a comment about either some college basketball team having too many white guys, so they shouldn't be as good as they are
Stowington (2:13:15 AM): I'm not sure if it was Ted's team or not
Stowington (2:13:39 AM): anyway, the picture was part of the graphic they had in the background, introducing the topic
Skier Wysz (2:13:48 AM): got it
Stowington (2:14:53 AM): yeah he's getting all kinds of crazy publicity
Stowington (2:15:19 AM): but I guess that goes with the territory, since he's such a pivotal member of the team
Skier Wysz (2:15:34 AM): you could say that
Skier Wysz (2:15:50 AM): wait a minute
Skier Wysz (2:15:54 AM): you dont even know him
Skier Wysz (2:15:59 AM): how dare you make fun of him
Skier Wysz (2:16:05 AM): especially with sarcasm!
Skier Wysz (2:16:25 AM): ted is an excellent player
Skier Wysz (2:16:33 AM): he is big and scary and aggressive
Skier Wysz (2:16:38 AM): his rebounds have won games
Stowington (2:07:44 AM): my Ted sighting has not been reported at the Home of the Wysz
Skier Wysz (2:07:51 AM): it has hold on
Stowington (2:07:55 AM): it's been 14 whole minutes
Skier Wysz (2:07:57 AM): i am adding your hung thing as well
Stowington (2:08:05 AM): ah I see
Stowington (2:08:12 AM): I will be patient then
- Stowington (2:04:34 AM): why is William Hung 5th on the itunes site
Skier Wysz (2:04:45 AM): i have no idea
Skier Wysz (2:05:10 AM): he's second on albums
Stowington (2:05:12 AM): don't people realize that if they buy the song HE IS MAKING MONEY SINGING
Stowington (2:05:43 AM): this will encourage him
- Following Monday's New York Times appearance, Ted has been spotted on Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn on Comedy Central by Hopkins John.
Skier Wysz (11:58:56 PM): of course if you buy a powerbook, i will want to steal it
ShkenBlke2 (11:59:02 PM): haha
Skier Wysz (11:59:16 PM): there are already 3 students here with restraining orders against me
- This is a perfect example of Ted's corruption of Meghan. Now none of my friends can type well:
Skier Wysz (11:52:38 PM): your hair
Mbg1116 (11:52:43 PM): my hzif
Mbg1116 (11:52:46 PM): haifr
Skier Wysz (11:52:49 PM): haha
Mbg1116 (11:52:53 PM): i zm scuh an idiot
Skier Wysz (11:53:00 PM): oh boy
- Here in Maryland they're putting the iTunes caps on Pepsi bottles, but using the regular labels. That gives you an idea of just how CrAzY Maryland can be!
- When I was reading the poll, there were no votes, but by the time I cast my vote I was already number 2, so I decided to follow the "Vote Often" part of it and even things out, which essentially reset the poll, so I actually could say I got vote zero, which comes even before 1! I'm awesome.
- Who is responsible for putting this on the front page of the iTunes Music Store?
- ShkenBlke2 (1:57:03 AM): put me on ur thoughts page, i command it
- Ted has a fan club now? I don't know what to say.
- Sara, on my weirdness: "I really don't think you should be doing impressions of cats."
- Julie, on my weirdness: "One of these days I'm going to start crying."
- I went through the Atlanta airport yesterday on the way home from California (Atlanta is on the way from CA to PA if you think like an airline) and was a little disappointed. I remembered going through the same airport as a child and loving the computerized voice that made announcements on the automated train that transports passengers between the terminals. The '80s-style synthesized male voice was almost completely indescernable, but combined with the red flashing lights, scrolling LED signs, low resolution status displays, sliding glass doors, and the electric train, it was an incredible experience. I felt like i was in an old-school science fiction movie where computers were still mechanical. I found out yesterday that the voice has been replaced by a more modern system, which really detracts from the experience, but the other features remain. The new voice is better, but I don't like it. If they had to modernize it, they should have at least used one of the really good systems that AT&T or Bell Labs has come up with. When I went to Europe, they were obviously using one of the systems for the PA announcements in the airports. I didn't realize that it was a synthetic voice until I noticed that the same well-spoken British gentleman was making announcements in both Barcelona and Madrid on the same day. Anyway, I wish I could find a recording of the old voice somewhere; it was awesome. This probably isn't a recording of the same voice, but it is close enough. And while you're there... watch this video. It's funny.
- Skier Wysz (7:14:51 PM): i'm awesome
eightman1984 (7:14:57 PM): thanks
Skier Wysz (7:15:07 PM): no problem
eightman1984 (7:15:37 PM): but see you are dependent on other people to recognize your awesomeness, so in a sense we are more awesome then you
Skier Wysz (7:15:57 PM): in a sense
eightman1984 (7:16:03 PM): yeah
eightman1984 (7:16:11 PM): sorry to expose you to the bitter truth
Skier Wysz (7:16:52 PM): and thus began the first post-spring break website update
eightman1984 (7:17:03 PM): cool
eightman1984 (7:17:41 PM): in a sense we are exercising the so called 4th phase of power, that is the ability to categorize/label others
- At least she's honest:
hwy2he11 (1:39:42 AM): will you be around not next week but the week after?
hwy2he11 (1:40:15 AM): frankly i dont want to see you i just want to win your contest
The "Be first to take Wysz to a party" contest is heating up! Looks like we'll have a winner soon. Could it be YOU?
- Other states have yet to see iTunes Pepsi bottles, and here in Maryland (Wolman Depot and Penn Station) they're already selling the regular ones again. Weird.
- 2 people I don't know IMed me today, and I also got a random phone call. Such is the life of Wysz.
- I just discovered a fun game! As I watch a person or group of people walk past my window, my challenge is to create a theme song for them live using GarageBand. using the keyboard to match each note to their steps is awesome, especially if I have my window open and they hear the song.
- csvroomfondel (4:24:41 PM): you will never know the joy of taking a convolution sum
- Why does Amazon always ship things in ridiculously oversized boxes?
- It was only a matter of time... I took an iTunes Diet Pepsi bottle from one of the recycling bins in my dorm. Don't worry, it was sitting right on top and I did it when nobody was watching. It was a loser.
- If you tried clicking on one of the iPod Garage links yesterday and were 403'd, don't worry, billpalmer.net and the rest of the billpalmer.network (which includes iPod Garage and Mac Mischief) is back! Unfortunately, Bill Palmer's sites got shut down by his hosting service without warning, because his recent popularity was causing him to exceed bandwidth limitations. He's now using a new hosting service, and things seem to be working just fine as of now. I emailed Bill during the outage, and despite the volume of mail he must get, he actually gave me a personal response and included his IP address, so I could access his site directly during the changeover. Thanks, Bill.
- Home of the Wysz: It's why the Internet was invented.
- Who got the first AtAT VEVO vote for the second time? I did.
- Thanks to Ted's Flash movies, I only have about 12 megs left on my iDisk.
- I tricked Ted back in high school when I made this webpage to take advantage of his Pez obsession and the fact that I knew he had a Smurf Pez. I threw it up on a Geocities page within 10 minutes, even registered the email address, and then sent him the link under a different screen name. Ted found out, and tried to get revenge by conspiring with John online. The only problem was: he was actually talking to me, not John, thanks to some more AIM trickery. He recently begged me to put the Pez page on HOTW, so here you go, Loser.
- Another great use of iChat. They were listening to techno at the time.
- I'm sure I wasn't the first to notice, but whatever.
- I can't play the piano or any other keyboard-based instrument, but I have learned that even with no musical talent whatsoever, one can use the synths to create a soundtrack for an educational video on space or any other science topic on the molecular or atomic level. Right now, my room sounds like a planetarium.
- Meghan is officially awesome for being the first to visit me at school. Now who's going to be the first to take me to a party?
- This was fun.
- I took out one of my desk drawers today to retrieve a CD case, and found this Valentine. Did this used to be Eve's room, or was the desk moved? Was it Audrey's desk? Did Eve ever get the Valentine? The homemade card looks RA-ish. Was Audrey Eve's RA? Eve or Audrey, if you're reading this, please know that your Valentine has been found and tell me what to do with it!
- Oooh, if I click on a link using my scroll wheel button, it opens in a new tab.
- You heard it here first... March 7, 2004. When Apple launches the international version of its Music Store, Steve Jobs should announce: "The Sun never sets on the iTunes Music Store."
I'd like to say something else about the Pepsi/iTunes "cheating" thing. It's not really cheating. A good consumer inspects produce before buying it, right? And you check the expiration date on milk and other products (even Pepsi these days) before heading to the counter, and nobody calls you a "cheater." I really need to let this go.
Skier Wysz (12:23:41 AM): it's only march 7 and already my thoughts page is pretty long. i've been doing a lot of thoughting this month
Stowington (12:23:53 AM): yeah you kinda slacked off for a while
Skier Wysz (12:24:03 AM): only for a weekend
Skier Wysz (12:24:12 AM): cause i was actually working
Stowington (12:24:19 AM): ah
Skier Wysz (12:24:29 AM): yeah that caught people off-guard
- Chris finally followed up on my advice and reorganized his Table O' Links, placing me in a category of my own, where I belong.
- Finally, I get a voice in that whole "I cheated in the iTunes-Pepsi promotion before it was a big deal to cheat" issue. You see, back when Bill Palmer started the Bottlecap Map over at iPod Garage, I was one of the first people to report finding a winning cap. In fact, I sent my email on January 27, 2004 at 3:56:41 PM EST. Here is an excerpt from that email:
"I was actually able to cheat and only buy the winners, as if you tilt the bottle you can easily read 'AGAIN' on the losing bottles, and 'REE SONG' (the F is too far in) on the winners. Here is a picture of one of the winning caps. I didn't open the second bottle yet, but I can see that it is a winner as well."iPod Garage never mentioned this, and a few weeks later gave credit to Arizona for having the "first confirmed" cheaters. Well, a couple days ago I decided to write Bill Palmer another email. I calmly explained the situation and included a copy of my original message. He mentioned me (not by name) in the latest Bottlecap Map update. Here is an excerpt:
"Speaking of cheaters, we've had a whole new controversy erupt from that realm. While we here at the iPod Garage have given credit to various cities for inventing the whole cheating thing, it turns out that one faithful reader is now claiming that not only did he invent the tilt method, he did so back before the SuperBowl. He's even got proof? And where's he located?
I don't want to brag or anything (yes I do) but I'm from Pennsylvania and go to school in Maryland, so I have an association with both states. Also, Pennsylvania and Maryland were two of the first states to have confirmed winners. Also, I'm awesome. Oh, and later in the article:
Look at the map above. Can you spot Maryland? Neither can we, because it's literally buried under a pile of yellow dots. Of all the States that have seen a disproportionately large number of iTunes winners, Maryland is the biggest anomaly of all. And now, the State wants to take credit for inventing cheating, as well? Let 'em have it, we say. But what next? Will Pennsylvania want to take credit for inventing electricity, commercial radio, and bubble gum?"
"Bah humbug is all we can say. Maryland's been cheating all along..."I feel better now.
- Good to see that smokers stick together... and away from me.
- Athletes are funny when they try to be taken seriously. I just saw one walk past my window wearing a suit jacket, khaki pants, sneakers, and a backwards baseball hat.
csvroomfondel (4:14:20 PM): you should have stayed
csvroomfondel (4:14:29 PM): the win was great
csvroomfondel (4:14:33 PM): as was the streaker
csvroomfondel (4:14:54 PM): it was a guy
Skier Wysz (4:15:04 PM): and he was "great"?
csvroomfondel (4:15:18 PM): i guess sarcasm in IM conversations doesnt work so well
Skier Wysz (4:15:36 PM): no, no it doesnt. it will work even less well on my thoughts page
csvroomfondel (4:15:47 PM): i am so thrilled
- Even though I didn't watch the game, and I was probably rooting more for Princeton anyway, my favorite cheer from JHU fans was "Princeton's in New Jersey!" I thought that was pretty good, but then again Princeton could have easily countered with "Hopkins is in Baltimore!" If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather be in New Jersey.
Today I got an IM from someone at Hopkins asking if his friend could use my ticket to the JHU/Princeton lacrosse ("lax," as the kids call it) game. I didn't even know that I had one, but I found out that I actually get a free ticket to every game. So, since I'm such a great person, I agreed to give up my ticket in exchange for ice cream. A few minutes after the agreement, I went down my buddy list, reading away messages as I do several times daily, and saw that Elise was at a lacrosse game in Baltimore. I quickly told the ice cream provider that there was no deal. I got my ticket and went to the game. I've been here for four semesters and this is the first time I went to any Hopkins athletic event. Anyway, I showed up a half hour early in hopes of spotting Elise and surprising her. I did several laps around the stands, and also spent a lot of time at the main gate. Finally, at half-time, I called her. She was at the Dickinson game at St. Paul school or something. Oh well... bottom line kids: I can get free tickets to any JHU game, so if you're gonna be in town let me know and I can hook you up.
Actual lectures today:
EXPERIMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS IN THE ACQUISITION OF RAYLEIGH SCATTERING AND PLIF IMAGES FOR THE STUDY OF TURBULENT DIFFERENTIAL DIFFUSION
PIV MEASUREMENTS OF ATMOSPHERIC TURBULENCE ABOVE AND WITHIN A CORN CANOPY
They overlap, so I'll have to choose between the two.
- csvroomfondel (10:36:48 AM): I'm officially scared of you
- I have been laughed at ever since I first referred to a meteorite as a "space rock" in my astronomy class. Well, I'd just like to announce that not only did I do well on the midterm, I also found an article on Space.com about meteorites. Here's the key quote: "Thus began an offbeat effort -- equal parts science and thrill seeking -- to learn what happens when space rocks hit the ground."
- Remember a couple weeks ago when Sarah dropped the f-bomb on the radio? Well, tonight she made it through most of the show squeaky-clean, but then two minutes before signing off, she realized that they forgot to "do the Disney song s---." Oh well, there's always next week.
hwy2he11 (1:57:41 AM): wyz the crew of Wouldnt You Like To Know has voted you Coolest GA'er
Skier Wysz (1:58:30 AM): how many GA'ers do they know?
Skier Wysz (1:58:38 AM): (lie to make me feel better)
hwy2he11 (1:58:50 AM): all of them
hwy2he11 (1:58:55 AM): ever
- Interesting study results from Christine's profile:
"after calculating the results of my poll, i have come to the conclusion that only Germantown Academy students write their heading on the left side of their papers, contrary to the REST OF THE COUNTRY!! go figure"
- Last night, while Ted was "studying" with someone identified only as "Suz," I kept an eye on them via this webcam. I then invited Christine, Tony, and Elise to join the fun. Despite Tony's demands, Ted refused to do a headstand on the table. I watched until about 3 AM their time, and it was insane the number of people I saw in the engineering at such a late hour.
By now I've had the pleasure of speaking with several of Ted's Vandy acquaintances, and I'm pleased to report that they all seem to be doing a pretty good job making fun of the tall guy while he's away from home.
Pez Man40 (1:14:15 AM): you people suck
Pez Man40 (1:14:18 AM): i hate people
Pez Man40 (1:14:25 AM): i am going to become a hermit in the woods
Pez Man40 (1:14:29 AM): no electricity
Skier Wysz (1:14:45 AM): you go do that
Skier Wysz (1:14:57 AM): and then maybe you can think about the things you've said
Skier Wysz (1:15:14 AM): you should know better than to speak
Skier Wysz (1:15:19 AM): you've never been good at it
- Made it to Ted's away message:
Skier Wysz (12:47:03 AM): i bet you get good reception because of your height
Skier Wysz (12:47:11 AM): you are mobile tower
- csvroomfondel (10:59:04 PM): your site continues to burn my retinas with the color scheme
- I think John needs to learn how to be more tolerant of other cultures. He said this while visiting the Website of the Internet of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan:
eightman1984 (9:16:49 PM): look how long the headlines are
eightman1984 (9:18:11 PM): I honestly expect flash animated anime characters to run across the screen at any moment
eightman1984 (9:18:50 PM): and fight each other with lasers and flashing eyes
- Me (looking at a floor plan of an apartment): It looks so big on paper.
Bill: It looks 8 and a half by 11.
- The numbers don't lie. I'm awesome.
- Now that I think about it, that search phrase was probably entered by me one night while I was bored, so it's not that amazing anymore. Oh well.
- Who would search for this?
(From my Geocities Site Stats)
- Should I go? It's free.
When someone noticed my iChat video window on Ted's iBook:
Me: Don't worry, I'm not real. I'm just a computer game.
Home of the Wysz
February 2004 |
January 2004 |
December 2003 |
The Blog Era |
September 2003 |
June, July, and August 2003 |
May 2003 |
April 2003 |
Bored? Click below:
Home of the Wysz *|*
Buddy Icons *|*
The 3rd Line *|*
Miller Quotes *|*
Send me an anonymous message *|*
Stuff You Shouldn't Drink *|*
Things and Other Stuff *|*
RIDICULOUSLY LARGE Blue Bow Tie *|*
Wysz emails Strong Bad *|*
Wysz's Fan Mail *|*
I am an idiot. *|*
Search Terms *|*
Casual Suggestions *|*
Wysz goes to Europe *|*